Friday, July 31, 2009

The New Shop



Hi, Welcome to my blog about what's going on around the shop. I am a chair maker from Hendersonville, Tn. I am in the process of building a timber frame shop to build chairs and other period style furniture. Windsor chairs have been my specialty for many years.



I remember the first time I walked into Curtis Buchanan's shop in Jonesboro how I felt as if stepping back in time. The timber frame interior had a warmth to it that made you feel alive unlike the garage shops I was use to. The wood floors, timbers above, wood stove, and many windows surrounded you with a perfect environment to create your work. It was not a hard decision what to do when I needed a new shop.



I will be posting pictures of the progress of the shop from time to time. The "Barn Raising" will take place August 29th. The foundation is in place for the 18' x 36' space. I will post pictures of cutting the timber next.

No comments:

Post a Comment