Monday, February 22, 2010

One Good Turn Deserves Another


I have been having much fun turning all the parts for the upcoming chair class at Kelly Mehler's school in Berea. For those who have not been to his school I can't tell you how much fun the experience can be. I highly incourage all who like working with there hands to attend. Peter Galbert will be instructing the c-arm class next week and I am thankful that they are letting me tag along to help.
I have had many visitors to the new shop lately and it has been messy and sometimes difficult to navigate in and out of the shop. This past weekend reached the mid 60's so naturally I had to work outside. So I started building the front porch. It is basically a deck that later on I will cover with a roof to protect the front of the shop from all that western sun. My front door is taking a beating and the paint is peeling off with great speed. When the weather actually improves for real I will put on the hardy plank siding along with a rear porch (not covered). Since the cold has returned I will focus on a new work bench geared toward chair making ( more on that later) and other indoor shop duties to make things flow better.
But for now I will get back to spinning out miles of maple ribbons from my lathe. Tommorow, arms, arms, and more arms!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Greg , those turnings look good and the new shop is fantastic looking , hope you had a good time with Pete , MiM (Michael in Melbourne )

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you keep adding on to the shop Logan and Kim can move out there to see you!

    ReplyDelete