Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tree Nails


The bents are finally coming together which is a good thing because I have a barn raising scheduled for this Saturday. They are going together with very little fuss. I have been waiting so long to drive in these pegs. Look close and see the little spider building a bridge between the pegs.




 I put linseed oil on the pegs before I drive them home to help them ease into the holes. The draw bore method has paid off because these joints are tight! Some of my furniture doesn't come out this nice.

 I was able to get two bents assembled before sun down. At first light the third will go together.
 The roof rafters are complete and here is the open mortise and tenon joint that will be pegged at the peak. These will be assembled and raised up top after the frame is together.

No comments:

Post a Comment